Terms and Conditions of Use
1. Medical Disclaimer: JOWMA is NOT a Healthcare Provider.
Medical Emergencies: Call 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE OR OTHER JOWMA SOCIAL MEDIA FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCIES.
All content on this website is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for individualized professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never rely on information on this website or on JOWMA’s social media in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
You agree that it is your responsibility to install anti-virus software and related protections against viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, bots or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, destroy, disrupt or otherwise impair a computer’s functionality or operation.
7. Personal Login Information. Certain features and areas of the JOWMA Web sites are available only with registration or login. If you are required to register and select a unique login and password ("Personal Login Information"), you must keep your Personal Login Information confidential. Your Personal Login Information is personal to you and you may not allow any third party to use it under any circumstances. JOWMA is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information. You must contact JOWMA immediately if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information, or otherwise wish to deactivate your Personal Login Information due to security concerns.
9. User Obligations. You warrant that you will abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the JOWMA Web sites and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the JOWMA Web sites by other users or with JOWMA's operation and management of the JOWMA Web sites. You will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the JOWMA Web sites, including, without limitation, information required to be provided through an JOWMA Web site registration form. If any false, inaccurate, untrue, unauthorized or incomplete information is submitted by you, JOWMA reserves the right to terminate your access and use of the JOWMA Web sites. You warrant that you will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using the JOWMA Web sites, or defame or otherwise harm any party, including JOWMA, through your use of the JOWMA Web sites. You will not transmit spam, bulk or unsolicited communications; forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers (including URLs) in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Web sites; or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
10. Proprietary Rights. The content of the JOWMA Web sites includes, without limitation, (i) JOWMA's and the Jewish Orthodox Women’s Medical Association’s trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (collectively "JOWMA Marks"); and (ii) documents, text, information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, images, photographs, audio and video material, and artwork, and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through the JOWMA Web sites (the items identified in subsections (i) (ii) and (iii) shall be collectively referred to herein as "JOWMA Content"). JOWMA Content is the property of JOWMA, advertisers, content providers or other third parties and is protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any JOWMA Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from JOWMA or the owner of such content if JOWMA is not the owner. Any use of the JOWMA Marks without JOWMA's express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in the JOWMA Content, including any such notices appearing on any JOWMA Content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from the JOWMA Web sites.
11. Responsibility for Use of the Internet and JOWMA Web sites. Use of the Internet and the JOWMA Web sites is solely at your risk and is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. JOWMA does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the JOWMA Web sites over the Internet or other communication network. JOWMA shall not be obligated to correct or update the JOWMA Web sites or JOWMA Content and JOWMA shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information which may appear on the JOWMA Web sites.
12. Patient Information. State and federal laws, as well as ethical and licensure requirements, impose obligations with respect to patient information and patient confidentiality that limit your ability to receive, disclose, or make use of patient information, including transmitting patient information to others. You warrant that you will comply with all laws that may directly or indirectly govern your retrieval, use, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure, or storage of patient information. You are solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining any patient consents, if applicable, and all other consents or permissions required by law or advisable with respect to your retrieval, use, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure or storage of patient information. You shall be solely responsible for your retrieval, use or misuse, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure or storage of Patient Information.
13. Third Party Information. The JOWMA Web sites may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, press clippings, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of the JOWMA Web sites are those of the respective third party and not of JOWMA or its affiliates. JOWMA makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third party materials, information, services or products.
14. Advertisers. The JOWMA Web sites may contain advertisements of third parties. The inclusion of advertisements on the JOWMA Web sites does not imply endorsement of the advertised products or services by JOWMA. JOWMA shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the presence of such advertisements on the JOWMA Web sites. Further, JOWMA shall not be responsible or liable for the statements or conduct of any third party advertisers appearing on the JOWMA Web sites. You shall be solely responsible for any correspondence or transactions you have with any third party advertisers.
15. Links to Third Party Web sites. The JOWMA Web sites may provide links (including any link through an on-line banner advertisement) to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which JOWMA exercises no control. The appearance of any such third party links is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to from the JOWMA Web sites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
16. Links to JOWMA Web sites and JOWMA Content. Third parties who post links to the JOWMA Web sites and/or JOWMA Content may not use the JOWMA trademark or logo and shall not suggest that JOWMA promotes or otherwise endorses any third party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, Web sites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of the JOWMA Web sites shall be the responsibility of the linking party. JOWMA reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates JOWMA's rights or causes interruption or deterioration of JOWMA Content.
17. WARRANTIES DISCLAIMED. THE JOWMA WEB SITES AND JOWMA CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” NEITHER JOWMA, THE JEWISH ORTHODOX WOMEN’S MEDICAL ASSOCIATION, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS NOR ANY OF THEIR AGENTS, THEIR REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY “JOWMA PARTIES”) PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT (I) THE JOWMA WEB SITES OR JOWMA CONTENT, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY YOU, ARE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR NON-INFRINGING; (II) ACCESS TO THE JOWMA WEB SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; (III) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE JOWMA WEB SITES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (IV) JOWMA CONTENT WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED OR ACCESSIBLE ON THE JOWMA WEB SITES. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
18. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE JOWMA PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, AND DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY, FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR DAMAGE, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH, AS A RESULT OF, OR ARISING (I) OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE JOWMA WEB SITES AND/OR ANY JOWMA CONTENT; (II) FROM ANY INTERRUPTION IN THE AVAILABILITY OF THE JOWMA WEB SITES AND/OR JOWMA CONTENT; (III) FROM ANY LOSS OF DATA AND/OR FROM ANY EQUIPMENT FAILURE; (IV) OUT OF THE PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE GOODS, CONTENT AND/OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED FROM THE JOWMA WEB SITES, OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO, THROUGH OR FROM THE JOWMA WEB SITES; (V) FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (VI) FROM STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE JOWMA WEB SITES; (VII) FROM ANY DELAY OR FAILURE OF THE JOWMA WEB SITES; (VIII) OUT OF THE USE OF, REFERENCE TO, OR RELIANCE ON, THE JOWMA CONTENT; (IX) OUT OF ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON, OR ACCESSED THROUGH, THE JOWMA WEB SITES; (X) OUT OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, ACCURACY OF INFORMATION, AND/OR QUALITY OF THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR MATERIALS PROVIDED BY OR ADVERTISED ON THIRD PARTY WEB SITES; OR (XI) OUT OF ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE JOWMA WEB SITES OR JOWMA CONTENT.
Neither party consents or agrees to any arbitration on a class or representative basis, and the arbitrator shall have no authority to proceed with an arbitration on a class or representative basis. No arbitration will be consolidated with any other arbitration proceeding without the consent of all parties. Any claim or controversy as to the enforceability of this arbitration provision’s restriction on your right to participate in or pursue a class action or class wide arbitration shall be brought only in the courts located in the District of Columbia.
26. Statute of Limitations. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the JOWMA Web sites must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.